This program is designed to educate our youth on the importance of financial literacy. Many of our children fail to exhibit the much needed skills that could lead them to the road to financial freedom.
According to Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, the average student who graduates from high school lacks basic skills in the management of personal financial affairs. Many are unable to balance a checkbook and most simply have no insight into the basic survival principles involved with earning, spending, saving and investing.
Session 1 - Introduction to Money
• History of Money – How money works
• Where & How it’s made
• The importance of earning & saving money
• The different types of bank accounts
• Opening bank accounts checking & savings
• Balancing check books
• Depositing & Withdrawing your funds
Session 3 - Money Management Part 2
• Credit card use
• Bank loans – cars, homes, etc.
• Using your ATM Debit/Credit Card
Sessions 4 - Money Management Part 3
• Importance of your credit rating
• Investing for the future